Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Was It Prepay Or Not?

Yesterday when I came back home from the South-Eastern suburbs by bus I caught a Sydney bus that had no signs it was a prepaid bus, was blue and white coloured bus. As soon as I entered the bus, the driver said that I needed to pay for the bus fair at the shop outside the bus.

I was a bit shocked, being a humble person I didn't want to cause any issues (although I had 2 heavy bags I was carrying home), so I got off the bus as well as another lady as well and we were confronted with the bus departing without  because we didn't have tickets. On a personal note, I had to travel  a few days ago to this area so I couldn't purchase a same day ticket!

What was more surprising in a well patronised bus stop, there was  no similar bus for at least 45 minutes.  This lady who I spoke too was disgusted with the service that was provided and shocked why tickets had to bought in shops.

Although, I understand  the purpose behind Sydney  buses doing this is to provide more efficient bus services and they probably do - when it comes to the community not understanding or being aware of this and not being prepared, it can cause a little disharmony  to one's planned journeys. Also I understand there are coloured coloured Pre-pay buses around that are advertised as that - it may need Transport NSW to do  major television and radio promotions  in educating the travelling community.

I purchased the ticket at the shop like the other lady and caught the next bus about 45 minutes later (or so it seemed)!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.