Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another Westbus Happy Bus Driver! (Number 11)

Here we are, this afternoon I caught the Westbus 780 and spoke to this driver who I realised was from Fiji. The heat is what got him as well as myself as the temperatures were rising today to up to 42 Celsius degrees in Penrith.

I must admit City Rail must be complimented for providing a  well air conditioned train which kept us all cool during the  blistering heat. Apparently there is more to come this week! Any way, Bus  driver GR 9417 was driving one of these older buses probably built in the 1970-80's that was rattling, shaking and had little air conditioning compared to the City Rail train I caught earlier. There was a couple that wanted an bus that allowed a pram to enter on  the bus ( that is lower the front of the bus so the pram can roll in and out), but this but was an older model and didn't have it. The bus driver politely advise them the next bus will have one and apologised. I think he understood and has the  desire to ensure commuters are happy!

You know me, I started to speak to him and found him to be happy, as we spoke about the heat and I advised him there is more heat to come next 5-6 days to come (I don't know if he was happy or not when I said it!).  I kept seeing smiles at his face as he advised that he ensures that he provides safe and reliable service to the community. I advised that he will be placed on or 'Happy Bus Driver Register'! At first he hadn't heard of it and then I passed him our information details and he believed me!

This is what we want - Happy Bus drivers that are 'Happy'!

Refer to original story:
http://mountdruittcommuters.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-bus-drivers-register.html

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.