Tuesday, May 17, 2011

News! News! Whalan Shops Has Re-situated New Bus Stop!




This is the old hot spot bus stop and Gone!




By mid year I would have lived in in this area for just on 21 years. In this time, I never said a word to anyone bout this, yet I knew in my heart that the way the bus stops were structured in Whalan shops, Mount Druitt was odd.

That is, I would every hear commuters saying to bus drivers, 'Going to Whalan shops'! That was good but when you exit/leave on a bus from Mount Druitt Interchange heading towards Whalan Shops, you actually pass Whalan shops by about 70-100 metres. For me it was all good as I live closer to the former bus stop opposite Ellengowan Crescent & on the corner of Bulolo Drive, Whalan. Yet I always wondered why would any politician and bureaucrats place a bus stop away from a commercial small shopping center? Being that said, congratulations goes to the stake holders of our local transport area, who have made the correct decision is moving the old bus stop and placing in front of Whalan shops, in the middle of island where the boulders of rock are. I hope it remains there and never moved.

In saying this, we now need to have a bus shelter put in place of the new bus stop! We have noted that the bus shelter was pulled down immediately, so let's see if the new bus shelter is replaced immediately!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is myself in the nightshot @ Whalan shops. I agree with my friend about placing a permanent bus shelter there, for the days when it's raining, and the people waiting, for the bus, beats sitting on the rock, lol
johnburn57@hotmail.com

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.