Monday, May 23, 2011

Train Commuters Upset With State of Trains!

last Friday, I spoke to a lovely elderly couple from Whalan, who casually catch trains. Whenever they get the trains, the trains seem to be not well maintained: their standard. For this I can sometimes agree with them. Most of the time I get the train is early mornings it is reasonably cleaned. I mean, if people want to wreck transport facilities for others then those people should be caught and the appropriate penalty provided to them.

The elderly couple ( unbeknown to myself until I met them) are living in Whalan, Mount Druitt and just about every time they catch the train in mid mornings the train carriage is not in a great state looking-order Firstly the carriage we have had a lot of internal scratches on the window and these dried up acid type of stains covering 4-5 rows of seats. Now honestly, it was cleaned up to the best ability that City Rail could have done to place the carriage/back in service but it looked disgusting! Maybe the City Rail Cleaning Management could have a better look at releasing these carriages as not was it a turn off for us commuters but it would be for a tourist who thinks the world of Sydney (Greater Western Sydney being part of Sydney).

the suggestion is to bring out trains more properly cleaned - even have them monitored at the storage yards, so that we have the best transport going around Western Sydney. All safety measures must be taken so that anything tangible is not destroyed. It was suggested the transport decision makers/stake holders take out their head from the hot sand, fix the problem, as we as average people should get what we need to get.

On a personal note: I can advise that one day approximately 15- 16 years ago I was travelling to work on a train carriage wearing a light brown suit. I so remember this day, it has never slipped my mind. I was seated on the top floor of the carriage left front window, as I got out from the seat a gentleman explained to me that I had paint covered all over on the back of me - it seemed it was a yellow/green color.

My main worry was the kind of paint it was: oil or water based as this was going to embarrass my fellow employees and employer at work. First thing I did was report at Artarmon Train Station to the Station, he witnessed the back of my jacket and pants. I walked to work and one of the employees lent an overall and drove to the  Artarmon dry cleaners.

Then I paid $15 for both to be dry cleaners allowed 2 hours for this to be done, went back at work and work - was driven back to the Dry Cleaners, picked the new dry cleaned suit. later in the afternoon, provided the receipt to the Station Master. About 3-4 weeks later spoke to the Area Manager he advised me that as long as I do not place liability on them they will refund the $15. About 1 weeks later received cheque for $15.00.

So yet I am very wary of seats that look like it is freshly painted! Wouldn't you!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.