Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What I Say To Commuters - Beware Of Myself - I'm Friendly!

Yes, I have subjected myself to not be afraid speaking to any commuters - break the ice, so to say and listen, learn and live better! Then they may live better!

So how to I get all these wonderful people to speak. To me it's simple - go out and show them your friendliness. Make them understand who you represent at you are doing. Stay cool, calm and be collected. Give them something they don't know about and let them give something important back to you! Let them speak, hear them and do not judge them or judge against them.

Back off if they don't want to know you or they are just not interested. Do not show hatred,  not be negative of talk against them. Just think the next person maybe a very positive person that will make you forget of the person that rejected you!

One day I'l  I'll show you a recording, if I can do one of how I speak to commuters!

Today I met a nice lady on the train only for a short time. She was nodding of to sleep when I entered the carriage at Parramatta and reached her seat- she had a spare one next to her where a gentleman was typing on his  large laptop. I ask if they could excuse me, enabling myself to sit down politely and immediately she got up and let me sit down. She was not a bit upset - nice commuter!

After the train passed Doonside, then I spoke to her introduced her to our group - she advise she doesn't live in our area - advised her there is a link to a South Penrith group and also to the WSPTU blog as well. She straight away said it was good and when I say ( what I always say to commuters) 'Most ideas come from people like yourself to improve public transport!' - this normally sweeps people of their feet but I think I was swept of  my own feet. She said, "it's good what your doing and thanks to people like me!'

I had a quick comeback, ' It's also thanks to people like you!' I then had to leave the seat and excused myself again.......

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.