Saturday, January 14, 2012

'Wheels Are In Motion..." - Blacktown City Fireworks - Rooty Hill

Yesterday, I was  speaking to the Mayor of Blacktown's secretary and she thought it was a a great idea to have shuttle bues and advised us to send a n e-mail request to the  mayor@blacktown.nsw.gov.au & so I did.   Here is the wordings of it...:

Dear Mr. Alan Pendleton,
Mayor of Blacktown CC,

I write to you urgently to advise that we are concerned of the traffic congestion at Rooty Hill for the Australia Day event and recommend  that bus shuttles be used from at least Rooty Hill Station and/or 10-12 stations around Blacktown CC LGA, transporting commuters and their chairs, eskies etc to the event. This will alleviate traffic congestion and traffic parking (Inclusive on both sides of Eastern Road), reduce fuel usage by private cars and provide a pleasant way of getting to and from the great event.

This will also provide a better management program for Council Officers to maintain in the years to come. Whether or not you can get this done this year is up to you but please look towards it at least from next year.

Refer to current blog stories done to support it and what we:





Cheers

John Svoboda

PS: Further to the blogs - have just got advice  from an officer from operators (Provided this name to The Mayor) - they will look into it and refer to their planning department and get back to me! I then forwarded  this e-mail to 6 members of NSW State Parliament , who boundaries are within the Blacktown CC LGA being:


Richard Amery, Bart Bassett, ,John Robertson, Nathan Rees & Andrew Rohan & Kevin Conolly 


I then spoke to the secretary of one of the CEO's of the operators that operate around Blacktown LGA and received 3 calls all interest is making their enquires - actually, the last call was important as they wanted to know who would fund it? Great asking me that question (The power of one!).

My reply was it would be funded between Blacktown City Council and NSW for Transport! but that is not up to me to decide - this transport officer I respect said he will make his contacts and see what they can do - different to the other operator. The second call I got was advising me that it was up to the other operator to do something about it as they cover buses in that area. (Finger pointing - but we are used to it!

Now, today I have spoken to the President of the 2770 Board (Mrs Ivy Roberson) and she is prepared for her group members & representatives to spread the word around for this  bus shuttle run and claims this would be a great incentive for the BCC to organise.

See what I mean  for the heading of this blog, 'Wheels are in motion...!' I'm just a cog in the wheel, the spokes are the people I talk too and get action done the rims of the wheels is the end result - thus evrythong starting turning positively. One word of mouth to another to another 12 or so and 'Blacktown may have free shuttle buses' as to which year who knows but if we get one service in this year, fantastic, superb, great, astonishing, super, - I will feel overwhelmed and to all involved a Great Australia Day to all.

I've heard from other sources Penrith has bus shuttle service for their Australia Day - I'm sure there are other LGA's around Western Sydney as well.

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.