Sunday, April 1, 2012

Commuters That Remember The Past- Great Connections.....!

It is not just Mount Druitt and surrounding suburbs that have great people. Great people are commonly known to you but not to the greater world. Here is one that goes back a long way.

As we commute for years on years, we meet new people and sometimes they disappear - I mean go their own way and you never see them again - or do you?

And the true story goes...  My wife and I went to a private function where I was introduced to someone called , 'David' - which at first didn't cause any striking memory with me After a few minutes of making table conversation. and then David asked myself a few startling questions.

'Did I ever catch a bus along Belmore Road Whalan?' I answered,'Yes!' Then he started saying that after meeting me tonight he waited to hear my voice & then work out who I was & there was the connection - over 12 years ago, we used to get the same bus and then train and have good conversation. He remembered a friend of his introduced myself to him and later on he got married and recently has a  boy child. Wow we  have commuters that remember great commuting travel!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.