Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mount Druitt Train Commuter Interested - Newer Trains Through Consultation!

Usually, I build myself up to introduce myself  to a stranger that is either a bus commuter or train commuter.  Before I first started talking to commuters, I didn't think that people as commuters would accept my introduction and what I and others stand for.


Tonight a respectable called Osman from North Mount Druitt ( north side of the station), approached myself and ask myself what I  was cutting up on the train (info sheets on our group). It was good as it was the opposite feeling that gentleman net to was reacting when I mentioned our group.


Osman travels 5 days a week to and from the Mount Druitt to the City and he is  supporter for new trains to replace older trains on the Western Line. He also claims that there are more commuters within Western Sydney travelling to the city compared to  commuters living in the city or inner city of Sydney and trains services would be increased to meet demand.


' As population skyrockets in Western Sydney the good commuters who behave well and have patience will be increased,' he said.


He feels before you increase or bring new train services to not rush and  fulfill these requirements to improve  to  ask the people, through interviews or public forums, leaving it open for suggestions to come into local planning, this then means that the power will remain with the people not just to the bureaucrats. Allow local planning to be given to the people will result in  better clear consultation to the  min users!





No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.