Thursday, August 30, 2012

Good Deed Done For Commuter Heading Wrong Direction!

Boy oh Boy do I love people with French accents!

You're now saying to yourself hat do you mean about this John?

Well this afternoon at Parramatta train station, I was speaking to a young man who had just arrived in Australia  on a working visa and as I was promoting our group to him, a french accent came out. Well my limited french language came out and he understood. Then as  the Mount Druitt train arrived, I asked where was he living - he said Surry Hills! Well that was good until he was pointing his fingers in a westerly direction. As I asked where out west he was going he looked stunned and said Surry Hills - so I quickly advised him he needed to go to platform 1 (opposite  platform 2 where  we were standing)!

He politely thanked myself as he realised he was heading the wrong direction and  left for platform one as his train was also nearing there. Well I did a good deed  for some one! I'm glad that h didn't hop on and  realised in Penrith, he was  going the wrong direction - then would have been too late!

No comments:

Save Our Bus Services

Read our story on how we made it our priority to ensure bus services are re-instated from services taken away in 2009.